Every time I talk to someone about my business and career, it always comes up that “they’ve thought about getting into real estate” or know someone who has. With so many people thinking about getting into real estate, and getting into real estate – why aren’t there more successful Realtors in the world? Well, there’s only so much business to go around, so there can only be so many Real Estate Agents in the world. I feel, however, that the inherent nature of the business, and how different it is from traditional careers, makes it difficult for the average person to successfully make the transition into the Real Estate Business. As a Broker, I see many new agents make their way into my office – for an interview, and sometimes to begin their careers. New Real Estate Agents bring a lot of great qualities to the table – lots of energy and ambition – but they also make a lot of common mistakes. Here are the 7 top mistakes rookie Real Estate Agents Make.Read more ....
If you are thinking of renting out your HDB flat or rooms in Singapore, regardless if its 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or executive rooms HDB flat. You might want to do partitioning inside of your HDB flat if your space and design allows. According to HDB website at http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10324p.nsf/w/HomeRenoGuidelinesBuilding?OpenDocument#RentedCommonArea. You will require to follow the HDB guidelines/conditions as stated below. However, when you had decided to build your new room with partition; Do discuss with your licensed HDB contractor first. And show your licensed contractor the guidelines/conditions from HDB so that the both of you can design and brainstorm the best solution and design to create a room which is suitable for rental purposes. Most contractors however will have limited design recommendation, but their cost to you to create a new room will be cheaper. If your goal is to create a nice and convenient room design for your future tenant and also which sink in with your current HDB flat’s overall interior design concept. You might want to set yourself a renovation budget first. Next, read up the varies small home design concepts for rooms (E.g. IKEA’s small space living, etc). Once you have some idea on what and how you want your room to look like. You can then search for an Interior designer to discuss about your room design idea. The interior designer will then be able to advise you on what is possible and what is not possible for HDB flats. There are many free interior designer advises in Singapore Expo halls, where usually there are Home Design expo/events held by Interior design companies. You can bring alone your HDB flat’s floor plan and discuss/brain storm with them and at the same time collect several quotation for your comparison purposes. Read more ....
3 Room HDB flats renovation before and after designs video. If you are considering renovating your HDB flats, you can look at some of the designs below.
BTO 3-Room HDB Flat Segar Grove in Singapore
3 Bedroom HDB Flat 520 Ang Mo Kio Avenue 5
Following are the 3 room flat design suggestions:-
– Your furniture arrange are very important to create a room which will give you a feeling of “bigger”, “larger” space.
– You will need to focus on your four main types of furniture. They are your sofa, your coffee table, your TV console, and your storage shelves
– In order to make full use of your sofa, you can leverage on the many designs sold in IKEA, where you can choose a normal sofa or a sofa bed. A sofa bed will help you create an addition guest room in your living room. That is you can convert your living room into a guest room whenever you need it.
– Make a list of sofa of your liking/choice and with its colors in mind
– For coffee table, be sure to choose a piece which is easily movable and not fixed or difficult to move. This is so because whenever you have guests, events or parties. You can easily redesign/relocate your coffee table to make more space. with a 3 room flat, it will be best to make full use of the space, and keep your furniture layout as flexible as possible so that your home can cater for any type of big or small events.
– The TV console will be one of the main focal point in your flat. And when discussing with your contractor or designer be sure to include in more space for your xbox console, wires, video DVD player, Karaoke player, etc. You never know when you might be getting any new piece of electronics for your home.
– Next, storage is another important piece of furniture which you must include in your living room. Why? This is because, storage will help you hide most of your house hold items. And also to help tidy up your living room and not leaving a mess or things laying around your living room. Do Factor in approximately 10% more storage space than what you need at the moment. As when time past, you will definitely have more things purchased for your 3 room flat. So having more storage spaces in your home will definitely help you in the long run.
– Consider using mirrors to add virtual “space” to your living room
– For your sofa, try to purchase low slug styles or low height sofas, this will help make your living room look even bigger. One low slug style 3 seater sofa will make your living room look classy. In addition, for big family, you can get light weight chairs to create additional sitting areas.
– For chairs, another suggestion is to use light weight chairs, and not the bulky type. firstly, it makes it easier to move your chairs around. Second, light weight chairs help to make your living room look big as well.Read more ....
This is a video of a 1 room hdb studio apartment in Singapore with the following details:-
Approx. 35 sqm (square meter)
Approx. 377 sqft (square foot)
1 Bed Room with option sliding partition
1 Toilet / Bath
1 Bomb Shelter / Store Room
In Singapore such 1 room small HDB apartments/flats are meant for senior citizens