Remember when your home was new and the decorating possibilities seemed endless? You planned all the DIY projects that would transform it into the home of your dreams. Yet, you never got around to them. You put them off until you had more time, more money. I get it. Life got in the way. Now it looks drab and stale, showing the wear and tear of time. You’re there every day, but barely take notice.
Your home is your oasis, a place where your life unfolds. It should be a place where you can relax, entertain and live. You should feel a sense of pride when you enter it. It’s time to tackle those projects and create the dream home you always wanted. Try a fresh coat of paint, new flooring, new cabinets or an updated bathroom.
Consider Hiring an Interior Designer
If you love the idea of redecorating, but don’t have the time or energy to take on DIY projects, don’t fret. For less money than you think, you can hire a professional designer to do it for you. Most interior designers will be more than happy to work with you and your budget. You can do one project at a time, as your finances allow, as long as you don’t mind the continued disruption in your household. Alternatively, you could get it all done at once for more immediate results. A small personal loan would probably cover the cost.
5 Reasons Why Hiring a Professional Is Better
1. A designer is looking at your home from a new perspective, just as you did when you first moved in. They are trained to notice details that you may have overlooked and because they do this for a living, they can bring some fresh ideas to the table. They know what works and what doesn’t. They take into consideration factors like the layout of your house, the height of your ceilings, accent walls and the natural lighting inside each room.
2. A professional will save you the expense of having to buy all the tools necessary to do the job; tools you’ll probably never use again. Whereas you would have to go out and purchase painting supplies, ladders, steam cleaners and a slew of other items, the decorator is sure to have all these tools already. They even take care of cleaning up once the job is complete.
3. They will get the job done faster and you will see quicker results. The decorator will be remodeling your home every day while you work, so your days off can be spent how you’d like. They will not be distracted by the door, the phone or the mail. There is no stopping to pick up the kids, start dinner or run errands.
4. Another money-saving plus is that they’re not likely to make mistakes. Imagine tiling an entire floor before realizing that you measured wrong and nothing lines up! Mistakes, such as wrong measurements or faulty wiring are an expense that could break your budget. You’re designer has the experience to get the job done right, the first time.
5. So, the designer has finished his work and all you need are the finishing touches to pull it all together. Accessories, such as furniture, wall art, lamps and scatter rugs, can alter the entire feel of a room. Don’t start buying a piece here and a piece there. Rushing to get it done will leave your rooms looking like they were put together haphazardly with leftovers. Coordinate your accessories one room at a time for a look that is sure to wow all who see it.
Cindy SShare on Facebook